Enable Third Party External Storage Read and Write Access in Lollipop Without Xposed
As in my previous post I have provided the solution for the same problem but that method requires Xposed framework to work but in this tutorial you don't need any framework to bypass sdcard writing restrictions in Lollipop.
For better refrence I must tell details about the solution. As we know that Google has restricted third party applications to store their data in external sdcard. What we are going to do in this tutorial is to reanable the android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission for all the applications.
- First of all download any advanced file management app.
- Grant root access to it and mount /system as RW.
- Now navigate to /system/etc/permissions/
- Look for platform.xml file.
- Open the file and find android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE line
- Edit like this
- Save and reboot your phone.
- Now try to delete something through an app by which you could not delete earlier.
- Root acces is required.
- A better file management app should be used like X-Plore.
- This method is safe and won't brick your phone unless user has done something wrong.
- Might work on Kitkat too.
Update (12 Dec, 2015)
- Use SD Fix app to do this on the go, no need to follow this tutorial
If any help is needed, do comment and i will help you.. (: